We had swimming lessons this weekend. Drew didn't cry the entire time, just 90% of it. There was one other little guy who bawled more then Drew. He participated grudgingly; but nonetheless, participated. It will get easier. I think it wore Aric out more then Drew. I had to step out of the pool area about 80 times. I think it was 90 degrees in there...whew.
Tonight Aric and I sat down with a large piece of construction paper and colored markers. We each put our name list down, then the 3rd column was the same names we both wrote down, then we each had to pick 2 from the others list to add. Then we wrote each one down with our last name. We went from an unimaginable number to 5! (first and middle combos- so some are repeat first names). We looked up meanings, etc. It was fun- maybe I stressed Aric out, but regardless- we have a good list of first and middle names! Thanks for voting in our "poll", but I think my family may or may not have rigged it :) Do I dare share the 5 new names??
Your going to make him scared of the water. don't force it! If he hates it, stop and try again in the spring. I am sure they will give you your money back if her cries the whole time...
ReplyDeleteThis is Susie, not Grace.
ReplyDeleteWe are giving him a few more tries. He did the same thing when we went to the Maple Grove pool, then after 2 or 3 times, he warmed up to it. He's just a slow to warm up kid- I think he'll like it.
ReplyDelete