Thursday, September 17, 2009

Interesting Eating Styles

Loves loves loves elbow noodles with his "special" sauce...he ate a bigger serving then a college football player would eat.
Not sure what is going on here. I told him to take a bite. (we do give him plates, it was likely on the floor)

I picked Drew up a bit early today from daycare. We went shoe shopping. He didn't want to get down from me holding him, then I couldn't get him out of the store. When we leave places these days, it goes something like this... "drew, time to go. You can either walk by yourself or Mommy carries you kicking and screaming- what do you choose". He always (mostly) chooses to walk...I always tell him "good choice". He knows I will carry him kicking and screaming...I mean business. As we walked nicely out the shoe store he said "bye shoes" and gave them all a cute little wave. I spent more money on his shoes then I have spent for myself on shoes in the past year. $52 bucks for a pair of shoes! My Gawd. I am a kid shoe sucker. Good quality shoes are so important...ask any PT! ( I buy most of his clothes second hand or on clearance- so I justify to myself that it evens out). Just wait until this little girl comes--I am also a sucker for little girl clothes.

We head back to the immunologist tomorrow. His egg allergy test came back a class 1, was a class 3 (so it has improved!). He still has the garlic and sesame allergy (class 2) and soybeans are a 1. I need to clarify what we will do with the eggs, it basically is a positive test, so he could or could not have a reaction to it (WHAT?). He is getting a skin test to see how he reacts to the eggs/flu shot tomorrow. ALSO....(drum roll)...at his appointment last week, he was tested for IgA levels. I guess if people with NO IgA will never produce it, but if there is some, their body could potentially produce it (he had trace amounts). His was WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS! Unsure if that means he has out grown his Selective IgA deficiency or what...but we will learn more tomorrow. The last appointment, his MD said it was rare, but happens. Wouldn't that be great?! He has been healthier lately- only a few minor skin staph infections- but nothing too major. Maybe!

Still pregnant...I have been having contractions on and off. Having them again tonight. Kinda disappointing when they go away. Oh well, at least I have a end date set!

1 comment:

  1. She could be born on Oct 6 and then you could name her Sheryl. Problem solved. I have a grand daughter born on your mom's birthday but her name ain't Bev.
    Good luck at dr appt.

    ReplyDelete