Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dress the part

Drew decided when he got up, that he would dress to match his attitude. Lil' Punk.


He bit a kid twice his size/age at daycare the day before, I thought, well, apparently you are the bully, might as well dress the part. Drew's been a bit testy lately. I think he is getting his 2 year molars- I managed to feel back there today without loosing my finger and his gums felt really hard. He's been drooling, biting, and chewing on his fingers, and last night, he woke up every hour crying. At least he stays in his bed when he is mad. He just screams, but doesn't dare get up. (although when he is sleeping, he gets up and walks around...sleeping. Monday morning I found him leaning against the kitchen cupboard with his eyes closed at 5 a.m, at 2 a.m, I found him whimpering on his floor with his bottom up in the air). Gate has gone up! He will be contained to wander only in our room and his. It is just odd, when he's mad, he stays put.

Maybe, just maybe, Drew is learning how to be a tough big brother to his new baby SISTER!?! Maybe. Our ultrasound went well. She didn't have any soft markers for Downs. We go back at 28 weeks and 34 weeks to make sure all is good. I guess when there are abnormal tests, they like to keep a close eye on things...fine by me. The genetic counselor was actually more interested in Drew's history. She had access to his records at Childrens (his cyanotic episodes when he was 5 months and his most recent episodes of petechie).

I did manage to go shopping today. I bought a few baby girl outfits...I couldn't help myself. I also bought Drew a baby girl doll. It came with a stroller. He pushed it around (of course, the manly way, with only one hand), and occasionally stopped to give it its bottle. He kept kissing it. I think he'll be a good big brother, until he pokes her eyes out...

2 comments:

  1. You're having a girl!! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. A baby girl will be fun. The pink clothes are much cuter than what boys wear.

    ReplyDelete