Monday, May 25, 2009

It was a fun, relaxing weekend. Too bad it's over...:(. Cheers to a 4 day work week. Really a 3 1/2 for me! I have my big 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday, so we hopefully will find out the gender. People comment "why ruin the surprise?", well, personally, babies are full of surprises, every day. At 2 a.m, 4 a.m...I think we have plenty more surprises after we find out. We will have a level 2 ultrasound. Same as we had with Drew...so I am confident we will see the private parts. This babe has a really thick Nuchal Fold (it is the area behind the neck), with the measurement of the fluid behind the neck and my bloodwork, this babe has a 1 and 19 chance of having Down Syndrome, or a 5% chance. I haven't studied the stats in detail, but women my age should be in the 1/600 range. Because of those tests results, I did one more blood test, those results came back as 1/97. So we will take that! Really the big concern is why there was so much fluid, so we will have a fetal echo cardiogram. We are not too worried, honestly, I haven't thought much about it since the genetic counselor called us. I guess we just go with the flow and how it turns out is the way it is, not much to be worried about at this point. Not exactly what we envision, planned or dreamed for, but once we have it, we will not/or would not want to change a thing.

Back to our weekend. Aric is almost done making our giant play pen (= the fence in our yard). Drew will be able to run freely (beyond the deck) at his own accord. He can hardly wait. We grilled out, went to a Red Sox game (almost got hit not ONCE, but TWICE with a home run ball). I actually was too busy flinching to watch the ball come my way. Aric found the video online, I will try to post it. hmmmmm....baseball.

Drew was getting tired of watermelon, but once I gave it to him on the rind, it suddenly became fun again....and delicious!

Running around the yard with a stick in his mouth (totally safe). Actually, it is a push up in one hand and a hunk of grass/weeds in the other. I think the push up had more grass on it then the yard. Notice how patchy our grass looks? We are revolting and not putting icky chemicals on it. Our neighbors lawn is full of chemicals, but for some reason, I want to hop the fence and go roll around in their cancer causing plush fluffy greener then green grass. Have a picnic, frolic around. Darn. Same with the ants, I hate having traps, spraying, but I put tea tree oil around where I think they come in, so hopefully it will get rid of them. I haven't seen any since! What can we put on our lawn that is natural that will make it unnaturally green? And fluffy?
Overall it was a nice weekend. Drew had a minimal amount of times outs and spent lots of time with mommy. We did make one big boo boo, we gave him bread with sesame in it. Oops. We both read the label twice, and still missed it. I just had this weird feeling after I gave him the sandwich, and checked the label again, sure enough, sesame. I managed to wrestle the sandwich away from him and lure him into eating something else before he ate it. Sheesh. Having a kid with food allergies is like being a life guard on duty 24/7. We always have to watch what goes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment