Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Intellect

Look at the title of the book he is reading. He took that off the shelf and started thumbing through it himself. And no, I haven't read it yet. Maybe he is trying to be one up on his mama.
Father, what do you think about this economic crisis? OK, maybe he is reading savage love pages from the City Pages...
I CAN scoop a bigger bite then my dad! (Drew LOVES mashed potatoes, so much he gets the shivers when you give it to him and he squeals. You'd think he was getting chocolate).
I bought Drew a potty today at the store, not because he is ready by any means, but I got a deal ( I have to add- I saved $36 bucks today in coupons...and I bought food we actually eat). Anyways, as soon as I took it out of the box, he ran over to it and preceded to eat his snack on it. I took his diaper off and sat him down, just to show him what it was for, and he screamed like a girl. The potty went downstairs into the "rainy day prize closet". Another day, maybe when he's 3.

Drew has been changing a lot lately. He is saying many more words, he seems to really understand what we are saying to him. He says his pleases and thanks you's appropriately and chitter chatters a lot we do not understand (he does say Hola-I think he got that from Diego). He is able to follow simple directions, he will play for 45 minutes straight with his Mega Blocks (generic Duplos) and stack towers as tall as him. He has mastered how to go forward with his bike, he has graduated from the high chair to a booster and is able to help undress himself. I think he is gearing up to be a BIG BROTHER! Yep- I am about 14 weeks pregnant. We have had 3 ultrasounds so far ( I had some issues in the beginning and my new NP is much more liberal with US's then my last one). We did the first tri screening last week, he/she was measuring 4 days bigger then my due date. Probably doesn't mean much, but as they won't change my due date, but I'd rather have a baby measuring bigger then smaller) I am convinced it is a girl- I know, its way too early, but I thought I saw girl parts (ok, a lack of boy parts). I will have a planned c-section at 39 weeks. My MD pinky promised me. (if you recall, Drew did not want to exit and stayed for 42 weeks). Otherwise, I have been feeling 100 times different then I did with Drew, hardly any sickness, just fatigue. Somedays I forget I am pregnant. Then I go to the bathroom, and realize I have no zipper, only an elastic waistband. Man, I wish elastic waistbands were in style...best invention ever.

One last note about Drew- on Friday we received his allergy testing results. It's horrid. He is allergic to...GARLIC. GARLIC. Yes. GARLIC. Ugh. Garlic is in everything! He also allergic to sesame. So now the list includes: Egg, GARLIC, sesame, soy (we do not avoid completely) and we are too avoid tree nuts. His allergist thinks if we do strict avoidance, he will outgrow the egg and garlic allergy. I hope so. Can you imagine, no pizza? No spaghetti sauce? The FDA does not require food labels to include garlic, as it is not one of the primary allergens. Often times labels just say "spices" or "flavor", and often that is garlic. I have emails out to many food companies to determine which ones have garlic. Seriously, go through your cupboards and look at labels, you'll be surprised at how many things have garlic. Ketchup, tomato sauce, most pre-made rices, hotdogs, chicken nuggets....UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment