Kates appointment went well this a.m, she only cried half way there (it was in Eagan!) The referring derm told me this specialist derm was an A-hole. (I think he did not want me to hold it against him for referring us to a jerk) Ok, he didn't say "A-hole" exactly, but he may have well had. He let me fill in the blanks. Needless to say, I was a bit apprehensive that this "a-hole" would cause me to run crying out of the room. I won't say he was an "a-hole", but let me just say...he had a stach, a gold chain and hair sticking out of his Snoopy scrubs. He also briefly quizzed me on my physics. I passed. This all had to do with velocity- acceleration of her hemanigoma (or we will just call it beauty mark). Seriously dude, just tell me how big its going to get and will it consume her face? I don't need to play jeopardy.
To make a super long appointment short, he thinks it is actually growing slowly, I guess when the growths are "accelerated" they move onto the face quickly. Don't google it, it will freak you out. He preceded to show me pictures, after I got up off the floor, he continued the appointment. They did a photo shoot and measured it, then we go back in 2 weeks for more measuring. We are not going to do steroids at this time, he is hesitant as it is so close to her little brain and I am hesitate just because. It doesn't hurt or, or cause harm...so why mess with it? He said we can do an MRI to see if its going in her brain, but he doubted it was, so we are waiting on that one. We will see how much it grows in 2 weeks.
I guess something like 50% of these beauty marks start to shrink by age 4 and 90% by age 9. He thinks it will at least double in size, but doesn't really know. Once it shrinks, she'll likely need a "skull tuck". Hee hee. That made me giggle. Maybe they'll give her a permanent smile too? :) Or do my tummy while we are at it. He also said they can "treat" the fact that she won't have hair there. Maybe hair plugs?? :)
Busy day again tomorrow- Drew has his ENT appointment- the 6 month follow up from his tubes. The tubes the we are sooo happy he got! (no ear infections since)
No comments:
Post a Comment