Monday, February 23, 2009

Our little man is becoming a little copy cat. We need to start watching what we do around him (not that we sit around smoking, gambling and drinking), he is a little sponge. Today he was doing itsy bitsy spider after showing him only a couple times, and after we started singing it, we ran into his room to get the itsy bitsy spider book. What a smart cookie. He climbs on the couch and points the remote at the TV (not a good thing) and pretends to push buttons. He plays pretend with his Betty Crocker food and dishes, stirs, sips and shakes things into pans. (yep- the BOY has a Betty Crocker set, I couldn't help myself). The worst copy move he does is walk around the house with his cell phone to his ear while he chits chats. I can't make out what he is saying, but he has a lot to say. It is fun to hear what his "voice" will sound like. Its sorta sounds like a gremlin (the cute fuzzy ones), I think its gizmo.
Drew had his ENT appointment last week. He does indeed have a hearing loss. I have started to talk louder and in a lower tone to him...the first time I did it, he looked at me with a hugh grin. I am sure I sound like a muffled charlie brown mom most of the time. He seems to understand enough to follow direction, I can tell him to brush his teeth and he will run to the bathroom and point at his toothbrush, but for some reason he cannot hear the word NO. How odd. However, I am concerned that his hearing loss will eventually affect his speech, so the sooner the surgery, the better. The earliest they can get us in is April 9th. They put him on the cancel list, so maybe sooner. They will not remove his adnoids at this time, I guess it can get more complicated the younger they are with intubating and such. I am sure he will have to have them removed when he gets older. So, he will continue to be Darth Vader child.

Drew wanted to show off his shirt to his cousin Micheil. I thought I had posted it awhile ago, but I guess I forgot! Drew is a 'future Jedi'.

The Betty Crocker fun! He loves his Chicken leg, I have no clue way he always turns his stool over, he sits in it like he is going to go somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment