Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Drews Dr. appointment today

Drew went with Daddy to the pedi today. He had an odd round mark on his thigh, we were thinking he had ring worm. Turns out it is just his eczema. Whew. I plan on making an appointment tomorrow for a dermatologist (although he probably won't get in for a month or two). We have started soy one week ago, his skin looked better for about a week, then went from OK to worse over the weekend (it just gets peely and oozy). He also has the petechia again on his belly. The pedi was a little concerned. Petechia can be caused by a few different things (leukemia,viral infections, meningitis, septicema or low blood platelets), so they did some bloodwork to rule out a few things...he has no fever, so that is a good sign. AND they got the blood draw on the FIRST try! Aric was very happy with that. As soon as he told me they took blood, I got teary. After what he went through before, it makes me feel so bad for him. Aric thinks the nurse thought he was full of it when he told her that it took 22 tries last time. I hope we hear tomorrow the results. Seems odd that he has it again, but he got it last time when he had a viral infection.
The downside with my new job is that I have many more commitments during the day, so I miss out on appointments like this. I am confident once I get settled and figure out what the heck I am doing, it will be flexible again. I will actually be able to work from home if needed. I like my new job. The therapists are all very much team players and respectful. The only thing I am not used to is taking breaks to pray & participating in devotions before important meetings...but hey...I guess its a good work/life balance. We are in the field as a service to the elders, and that is what I have dedicated my career/life/time to do!
The pedi called today...his labs are ok, she thinks the petechia is from his eczema...odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment