Monday, July 7, 2008

Crawling, waving & worse case scenerio


Drew started crawling this past week!! He did his first real forward crawl when we were in New Hampshire. He is going forward in full force today! Yesterday he needed time to get going, today he is off to the races. It is so cute, his little tushy swings back and forth. He also is waving bye bye, he needs a bit more work to do that one on cue, but when he did it for the first tme, he looked so stunned that he did it.
Here is a funny/horrid/unreal/is this a candid camera show story...on our flight home Drew was great, just as great as he was for the flight to Boston (really, he was super good). The only big difference with our flight home...Drew decided to take a poo OUTSIDE OF HIS DIAPER. I had just finished feeding him and he was sitting up flirting with the person across the aisle (smiling, cooing, all the scripted antics we taught him), when he started to poo. I thought, "oh cute, he's pooing". Suddenly, I felt a wet spot on my pants. Well, the rest of the story is obvious. I ran up and down the aisle to the bathroom that is the size of my kitchen sink while Aric held Drew and his poo'd body out in front of him. By the time I got all the needed supplies, Aric's muscles in his arms hit their max potential and were trembling. So, instead of being stressed at each other, we laughed so hard we cried. To top it off, the bathroom did not have a baby changing station, and of course, Drew preceeded to smear it on everyone (aric & I) and everywere. If I could change one feature of a plane bathroom, besides making more space, adding a baby changing station, having a clean floor...I would add a faucet that stays on when you turn it on. So, one box of wipes and many Drew screams later, the event was "all clear". Lessen learned, babies and thong diapers do not mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment