Saturday, January 7, 2012

I gave myself a little face lift of sorts. I am thinking about changing the layout a bit on here, but each time I do it, I "revert" back to the old way. Ah, change, its hard. I did upload some of our favorite kiddo songs. Drew especially loves Nirvana's Sliver. Really--- he listened to it repeatedly for 1/2 hour. Gramma- you need to google that one. It is now our number 1 song on here. I found a kid friendly version.

I plan on blogging totally out of chronological order. So if you are anything like Aric or Drew, brace yourself, this is NOT PERFECT.

Where have I been you ask? Well, besides working 45+ hours a week for the man (and when I say man, I really mean "the Man") I have been hanging with my little fam, potty training the little lady and getting some things org-a-ma-nized.

Kate is a potty training prodigy. We shall see. But really. She's good. Day 1, she held it so good that she managed to put about 200 sprinkles of pee across my floor rather then one big puddle. She pooped on the potty too! She initiated the pee's almost 1/2 of the time. She is game on. I am giving her a week. She has been in undies all weekend...

Let's see if you can follow this story...We de-Christmasized last weekend and hung up some snowflakes on NYE. Drew kept singing (with prompting) 'its the most boringinst time of year!" Then, after I hung the snowflakes, it snowed. Apparently they fell off my securely mounted scotch tape contraption and then the snow melted. I didn't realize they fell until I was in the shower this a.m. Don't ask my why I suddenly wondered where my snowflakes went while I was in the shower. But they disappeared and I found them, behind the buffet. It was tricky, but I got them out. Snowflakes are now re-hung. I expect some snow soon.

Girlfriend likes to dress up. Not exactly sure where she is going. I was the recipient of some fabulous costume jewelry from one of the Sisters at work. I scrubbed it up, tossed the clip on earrings and gave Kate the antique jewelry box full of gobby necklaces. She has been in heaven. It is fun.


 Girlfriend and I now have matching hats. Except mine doesn't have sparkles. She refused to look at the camera. Drew wishes he had one---but he has a daddy matching hat, so he is good.





 What I truly appreciate about Kate-- her ability to just be herself. You see, our children a two very different souls. Drew would NEVER have mismatched socks, walk around with no pants and wear a winter cap and 4 sweatshirts. Kate would.
 Gotta go, I have some friends to hang with. I guess Christmas pics and New Years pics will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment