Monday, September 5, 2011

I finally feel mildly sane enough to type. Not sure why? Nothing really has changed this week, but I will give it a whirl.  We managed to sneek away to dinner today after conning my mom into watching Drew. Kate was horrid, my meal sucked, but Drew and I needed some time away from each other. This has been a long week. Poor Drew. He is in pain, he is uncomfortable and not eating. Poor kiddo.  We are hoping this was a good decision. He did take a long nap today and didn't hear any snoring. Pretty cool. His first night home I slept (not really slept, but layed) next to him. He had two long episodes of sleep apnea. Bah!  I think things were still pretty swollen. Overall, I feel like I have a newborn again. Kate of course, has been acting out in true Kate fashion. She is so lucky that she is so darn cute.

Tick tick tick. Waiting to go home. Day 1, Drew ate food (a giant pancake, mac n cheese, sherbert and tons of juice), didn't sleep a wink and was overall in good spirits. It was drugs talking. Day 2: (3, 4,5 6...) not quite the same. Since day two he has eating essentially nothing. Poor kid looks like he has lost a few pounds. He doesn't have much to give!




 Pretty certain he thought he broke his arm. Our only saving grace is to tell him if he doesn't drink the syringed pedisure, he has to get another IV. It works every time.
 Getting ready to head home. Lately, he has been complaining of eye pain. Hence the holding of the eye. I have a hunch it is his vision..or allergies. After this is said and done, I plan on bringing him in for it. He actually tears up and holds it, which is odd.



Cheers to getting stronger, eating food and getting back into our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment