Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We had a good 4th weekend- stayed in town - but it was still relaxing. Weekends like that make us want a cabin more then ever...someday...maybe soon. We had lots of picnics, played at parks, grilled out and had a Birthday Party for our country. Aric and I even went to a movie AND saw fireworks. WOW.


Drew is a terrific sharer...he always says "thank you" as he does it.
He helped me dig out the baby seat so I could wash the cover...it still had cracker crumbs in it from him. Naturally, he took the opportunity to chill in the chair. He carried it around the house and would sit periodically and just chill. He looks monstrously huge in the chair. ACK- he is getting so big.


Drew has had some odd skin infections lately. Today, he developed a large oozing sore on the top of his head (it wasn't there this a.m-he didn't bump it- it just erupts). I am bringing him in tomorrow. Of course, out of the 4 peds in his clinic, the one weirdo MD is the only one with an opening. Seriously. This MD is nutso. He told us at Drew's newborn wellness visit to have him wear a helmet when he rides a bike. Really? Can we discuss his raging umbilical infection? (he was 1 week old!) Every time we get stuck with this MD, he makes me want to reach over and strangle him. I am always pretty verbal about my opinions of him as we make appointments, but sometimes, I have no choice. So annoyed. I want him to check his blood counts and swab the discharge. If he doesn't, I am calling Drew's allergist, I know he will do the right thing. He loves us, we are like his own little case study. Lately I have been thinking about getting a referral to a autoimmune specialist- I feel like he has something other then IgA deficiency. He still is getting petichea occasionally (right before an illness) and has repetitive skin infections. I just feel its not the right diagnosis, or maybe it is something else. Maybe Drew needs to be on "Mystery Diagnosis". Of course, we'd need a diagnosis first...


We had a baby appointment today. I had to do the blood glucose test. I haven't heard back yet- keep fingers crossed all is good. I had to chug a bottle of orange sugar juice, then leap upstairs to my appointment on my sugar high. Of course, on the way home I was hitting my sugar "low" and felt like I was struck with a tranquilizer. Her HR was good, in the 140's. She's been jumping around a lot lately. It feels like she rearranging things in there. I am feeling ok- just suffering from the typical textbook pregnancy symptoms: peeing pants when laugh, cough, sneeze or move too quickly, SI joint pain, insomnia, swollen cankles, heat intolerance, excessive eating of chocolate...I guess I can't complain- pretty normal stuff.

WE ARE STILL TRYING TO COME UP WITH A NAME. We have a short list, but it is extremely short...

No comments:

Post a Comment