Sunday, March 29, 2009

Drew was excited to open his mail from his Aunt Erin! He loved the shirt, he really LOVED the package it came in. He has been packaging all kinds of things in it. He actually still carries around the bag Erin had his Birthday present in, its one of his favorites.

Just hanging on dads leg. Its hard work following him around all day.


We had a little issue this weekend with Drew. He had an anaphylactic reaction to a food. I gave him hummus (store bought, but no eggs or nuts) and his face immediately turn bright red in splotches and his lips swelled up. Gawd. I am so annoyed with all this. I feel horrible for trying to broaden his diet and give him something different, it is so frustrating. We gave him benedryl and called the doctor. They suggested we bring him in immediately. He was a little benedryl stoned, but fine by the time we got there. We do have an epi pen, so thankfully we didn't have to use it. Now today he has a funny rash on his face. Maybe its from the benedryl? Super frustrating. Why can't this kid just have cookies and snacks like every other kid? I really hope he grows out of this. We already see an allergist, so I plan on just filling him in next time he goes in, maybe I will leave him a message to tell him what happened. I know it could be worse. A gal I work with has a grandson Drews age, he is allergic to wheat, soy, dairy and who knows what else. His reaction is very severe- so it could be worse.

Oh, and our super good vegetable eater is now boycotting veggies. Seriously. I can't even bribe him, he doesn't get it. I am going to have to crack open my Deceptively Delicious cookbook.

Another development...he can now open doors. Not just the kind with the big handle, but he can turn the handle and pull those doors right open! Darn. He can hardly reach, I have no clue how the clever guy does it. I immediately put those child proof door knobs on. Now I can't open my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment