Thursday, April 3, 2008
First Day at New (short term) Daycare
Drew had his first day today at Northridge. It is the daycare that is at the nursing home Masonic owns in New Hope. He has 'drop in' status. So, between Grandma, Auntie Ann, myself and Northridge, we are covered until he starts Rachels Daycare at the end of the month. When I called his teacher this afternoon, she had tons to tell me about his day. It was quite a change from the old place. Drew did not sleep much, but his teacher thinks it was because he had new things to look at. She said he was GREAT and full of smiles. His teacher went into detail about all the things he did. She was there last summer when we toured there, so it seems they have pretty consistant staff. Jo Ann is older, kinda reminds me of a mother hen. There is an afternoon teacher that comes at noon, so Jo Ann (mother hen) and Deena (the afternoon teacher) overlap for 3 hours. It is clean, culturally diverse and they bring them in the buggy to see the residents (so its intergenerational). When I picked Drew up, he had lots of smiles and was very clean (when I'd pick him up from the church, he never smiled until we got home (I think he was overwhelmed by the craziness) & he always had spit up on his clothes). Oh, and Jo Ann took a polaroid picture of him for his "first day".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment