We have been really pushing Drew with his academics. This was his Saturday exercise-- I requested a 15 page essay about Sharks. He completed the assignment as requested. His essay went something like this: "ooooooohh drew adlkfjdsklfjdjff
fjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooosssssssss
sssssssssdrewddddddd
ddddddddd" His reading "the Shark went blahstedit glah dio doire ldor" (and it went on and on...a whole 15 pages worth)
He insisted on his Clark Kent glasses. Why not? When he was finished, he closed up his glasses and meticulously placed them next to the computer--- "for later".
Mr. Office Space himself had his Kindergarten screening last week He did great- I was a bit leery if he would participate. But he did. He was "soft spoken", but excelled in all areas except Rhyming. I guess I now have a topic for our next computer assignment. We have pretty much ruled out the public school he is supposed to go to -- we have his school narrowed down to 2 other schools in the district (public), and a Lutheran Private school that is about 2 blocks from our house. We also have a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts (which is an afterthought btw) and math) magnet school that is opening up next year. I am not 100% into this for 2 reasons- 1) it will only be year 2 of its making (kinks will not be worked out) and 2) what if he wants to be a writer??? The nurse that completed his screening seemed to push the STEAM school based on his ability to focus, problem solve and apparently she thinks he would be challenged there. We shall see. I also want K & D to go to the same elementary school- I have this funny feeling Kate will not be into science & technology, I think she will be our creative one.
On to Kate's academics. Yes, girlfriend thinks the sheep is a cow, cow is a pig, pig is a moose. She has been studying hard. Will keep you posted. Next weeks curriculum-- colors. Pink is not green.
She is proud. Like the shark?
Don't ask. She is so advanced.
No comments:
Post a Comment