We had a hot busy weekend. We started with friends over Friday- fun. And a "fun run" on Saturday a.m, bright n early. Drew was all about the running, until he skinned both knees, twice. It was a fundraiser for Drew's school/church. After the race we went to the "City Days" in town and got to sit in the fire engine and "paddy wagon". The sheriff let Drew wear his radio- pretty darn cool. Our Saturday night plan went astray after we realized Kate had a sliver in her toe that apparently had been festering for a day or two.
insert mom of the year award here. I tried to remove the sliver with no luck. I didn't want to break her skin, or make it worse. We typically do a e/o "take Kate to the doctor" sequence, it was Aric's turn. Apparently, they had to swaddle her like a baby to contain her limbs. Honestly, I tried to get it out myself. They ended up putting her on an antibiotic as her toe was super red and inflamed. I would have paid big bucks to have someone remove that sliver anyways- infection or not. Seriously, one would have thought we were doing a bilateral TKA. Poor girl. New rule at our house- shoes on the deck!
Today, Drew & I did some painting while Kate rested. Boy, it was HOT out there.
oh, and PS. I told Drew he could paint without his shirt, HE insisted on wearing the paint smock. That is "what you wear when you paint!"
Check it out Julie. Modern. Art.
No comments:
Post a Comment