Kates hemangioma has officially STOPPED growing. Sweeto! Now we just wait for it to shrink shrink shrink. We were informed she'd need a "scalp tuck". This was discussed at length...oh...and a "hair transplant". Really? Look- do you see this large lump on her head? do you think a small bald spot or a few wrinkles really are going to be an issue? Having cosmetic surgery is very far from our thoughts. We will cross that road when we get there if needed. Of course, I had my fun...after this long "scalp tuck" discussion, I pulled both her cute little eyebrows up and said "will she look like this?". I don't want her looking like Kenny Rogers...
That is our good news for the day!
Bad news is little Kate has her first very bad cold. She is coughing so hard her little eyeball looks bloodshot. Last night I spent the night patting her back and steaming up the bathroom. Nothing better then that at 2 a.m! I have no idea where my energy came from today. We have to remind ourselves how lucky we are during those 2 a.m moments that we are up and losing sleep because of a common cold. As many of you know, I work for a rather religious organization. At the beginning of our operations meetings we always take turns giving devotions and a prayer. One of the directors often requests prayers for a particular family she is related to. My first day at this organization, she had a prayer request for them. At that time I asked her for their caring bridge site and have followed it since.
You can see Abbi & Sarahs site by clicking here.
They lost one little girl to a mysterious illness similar to ALS, now their second child is experiencing similar symptoms. I don't understand where they get their strength. Sure reminds me to count my blessings.
Good Good news re: the hemangioma. Agree we must count our blessings as there are so many so much worse off. Drew is quite the little chef!! When does his tv show go on the air?
ReplyDeleteChef Drew...he'll be in competition with Rachel Ray. He is very familiar with her- we watched 'rach' daily on my leave!
ReplyDelete