Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Still no new pictures. Waiting for Aric or Dad to figure that one out. I can't get my pics to upload. Maybe I need to open the box to my new laptop and start over. No idea why I haven't opened it.
Today was a day from H E double hockey sticks. A lot of driving, went to work twice, Eagan, Minnetonka, Roseville twice (oh and made 2 job offers, sifted through 239 emails, completed a few reports and finished my Christmas shopping for employees and barely had time to go to the bathroom properly). Drew had his 2 year appointment. He got his "report card". or report. card. as he says it (like 2 very distinct sentences) His BMI is 16. What does that mean? I have no idea. Is he fat? I don't think so. What a weird stat to give us. He is in the 40th % for height, 60th % for head and 50th % for weight. He is 28#. I think he's probably pretty average.
Kate had a emergency/impromptu specialist appointment at the derm today as well. Her bump SMELLS. ACK. I brought her to Drews appointment and she kinda took his thunder. I called the derm as we left and our pedi called as well. They got her in today. The second the derm walked in the room (ok, within 10 seconds) he says "we need to do laser on it tomorrow, its ulcerated" crap. But after everyone took a deep breath we decided to treat it topically as it actually is not an open wound at this point and laser can actually cause it to ulcerate more. *sigh. So we are treating her topically with a super strong (actually TWO super strong) topical ointments and will continue to wait and see. The positive is her hemangioma is ulcerating, but, it appears to be involuting. It hasn't grown as rapidly the last 3 weeks as it had been. The growth has definitely slowed down.

On a side note. I am doing it. I am getting new glasses. I have sacrificed enough...hee hee. I need new glasses. Mine have been toddlerized. I was going to just cave and be practical and go to a "mall" store. But I decided, what the hay! I am going back to my favorite eye doctor in the whole wide world. And while I am at it, his eye Princess Margaret will fit me with a new pair of shiny new glasses. In the past (i.e pre-children), I went yearly to this fab place and purchase my glasses. I always rationalized the mortgage sized price tag with "this is how I see my world" rationalizaton. Well darn it, just because I have kids doesn't mean I can't see the world!! I heart these...

Liz- unsure if you read this. You are a big jerk. (liz went to Art of Optiks a few weeks ago, preceded to text me about her new purchase- kate and I texted her back with our evil eyes...) now I have to go too.

1 comment:

  1. what is ulcerated and involuted mean? Those are big words for me...

    ReplyDelete