I have survived the Great Plague of '09! We had what we think may have been Norovirius (it really is irrelevant what is really is...it was GROSS) at work. It wiped half of my team of 22 therapists over the course of the past 2 weeks. Yuck. At one point we were 'quarantined' along with the referring hospitals. Not too good for business. I managed to not get it...
We (or actually just Drew) managed to get a horrid cold. There was a daycare buddy hacking in his face all last week, Drew finally got it. He has been coughing so hard, his eyes are constantly tearing, he is just plain ol' miserable. Aric brought him to the pedi on Saturday ( I had an all day class), but of course, it is just viral, so there isn't anything they can do. I was concerned he had an ear infection. Of course, I am certain I will be bringing him back this week for an ear infection...I just sense it. We do have our appointment this week with the immunologist (he goes every other month or so). We are hoping for a referral to an ear, nose and throat doc so we can discuss ear tubes. He has fluid in his ears constantly, and frequent ear infections. I want to ensure it doesn't hinder his speech development. He seems to hear fine, but it can't feel good?? (although a puppy was on the T.V tonight and he pointed at it and it sounded like he said "puppeee" (Aric heard it too) second thought...he does still call me dad!)
So, Drew and I are staying home tomorrow. I am going to work REAL hard on NOT working. Lets see how that goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment