Monday, September 15, 2008

9 Month Check Up & Daddy's is THIRTY!

Drew had his 9 month check up today. Here are his stats...19 pounds 11 oz, the 35th percentile, he is 29 inches, the 75th percentile, and his head is 18 inches, the 60% percentile. His pedi was not too concerned with is weight, it has plateaued a bit, but he is very active. She didn't really give us any suggestions, but I think we'll push more fatty foods (but still healthy). Drew is a great eater, he eats veggies/fruit like its candy, so that is mostly what we give him. I guess he needs more Pirates Booty? They did a finger poke to check his lead levels as well. His hemoglobin was low as well, again, she wasn't too concerned. He did his regular smile and babble to everyone in the waiting room.

Drew has a horrid cold, again. We had brought him in Friday, as he had some weird bumps on his body (not because of the cold). They kinda looked like chicken pox, but it was carrying on for 3 weeks. Chicken pox usually last 7-14 days. He had a big one on his head that got oozy. He also had a large lump on the back of his neck, he was obviously fighting something. They did a culture of one of his bumps, it came back negative today. But they did put him on an antibiotic. I swear, this kid gets more colds then anyone I know. I am going to be the first in line for a flu shot for him!

We went up north this past weekend, Drew stayed with Grandpa and Grandma. He apparently was a good boy...I am a little suspicious as to how well he slept. He has been in this bad sleeping funk lately. The first thing he did when we got home was this...
He is completely obsessed with the deck project. Almost as obsessed as he is with lights (we have started to call him "bug")
We went out to dinner tonight for Aric's 30th birthday. He could not figure out what he wanted for dinner,I was willing to make anything... finally he decided on Olive Garden. Drew ate sketti and meatballs, Aric had steak and fettuccine. Tomorrow is our 3 year marriage anniversary (we didn't exactly have a wedding), I think we will stay home and just relax. Our trip up north was our special celebration (and our fastest hike ever up to shovel point in pouring rain)
3 years ago!


Tonight I got out Drew's baby book to update from his appointment. Every kid needs an updated baby book, right? :) Anyways, I found his little cap from the hospital, I decided to squeeze his brains together and put it on...for old times sake (ignore the glob of snot under his nose, I think it was squeezing his sinuses)


Ahhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment