Drew seems to have discovered that his hands are connected to his arms this week. When we put him on his mat he has started to really bat hard at his toys. Today he grasped one and held the grasp. I think it was an accident, but while he was doing it he got this silly grin on his face. He like to fold his hands together on his chest while he swings too.
Considering the heat wave we are having (40!), we decided to take advantage and go to my work today. Drew was a ham! He smiled and coo'd the entire time (one small "i'm hungry" crying episode) It's interesting the comments people make to me, they say "you must be so tired", I say, "well not really, he sleeps through the night, overall its great". They say "oh, well that won't last long". Geez, thanks for the positive comments fortune teller... He has slept through the night since week 1, and IF it changes, then so be it. Let us just enjoy our sleep now. I have learned to grin and bear it.
Drew is back on his night schedule again after being sick. We don't have to use white noise like I was thinking, we just use the old fashion swaddle & he is in his crib. He has been going to bed earlier every night (8:30ish), eats around midnight, then up again at 5am to eat again. Some mornings, he will sleep a tad more so I can rest my eyeballs. That is always nice! He is just such a good baby, I am trying to figure out what we did to make him so good, it must have been all the cheesy puffs & bannana peppers I ate while I was pregnant! I think he just has a calm temperament, makes me nervous for the next one. He clearly doesn't get his temperament from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment