Monday, December 17, 2007

He likes to party like a rock star

Our first night home really was not what I would consider "night". Drew partied on until the wee hours. He really doesn't cry, he just wants to play. Last night was much better. We approached the night with a "plan". I love planning! We gave him a sponge bath around 7:30, he absolutely hated it. Then we washed his hair, dad held him in a football hold while I washed/shampooed and he love that! I went to bed at 8 (alone) and Aric partied with him for a bit, and kept him alert. At 11 he came to bed and slept until 2:30, ate, then slept until 4:30, ate then slept until 7:30! I wasn't quite able to sleep the entire time he did, but that is my issue. Every little noise wakes me. We did have what I would call our first pee incident. At his 4:30 changing he peed straight up and into the wall!It was everywhere, his hair, the changing table, the blinds, the floor. I was laughing so hard, I think I embarassed him-he was so mad & cried so hard he turned blue in the face. Lesson learned. It is hard to cover him as he still has gauze pad from his procedure on his little wee wee. I am hopeful he will get his nights down, we are keeping the shades open during the day and making night as dark and calm as possible. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment