Tuesday, December 18, 2007

1 Week old today!!

Last night Drew slept from midnight to 5 am!! Yahoo! Aric does Drew duty from 8-12 while I sleep, then I have 12-whenever. I am not really good at math, but I think I got the short end of the stick?? We pile on the feedings at night and Aric's job is to play with him and keep him up. Lets hope this trend continues.
We made a video of his first tummy time with his mat. I will try to get time to put it up tonight. He loves his little floor gym he got from Grammy Wendy and Papa. He seems to look at the toys hanging. He really has good head control-he lifts it and looks around occasionally.
We had a visit from a home care nurse yesterday. Drew is growing-he is 8 pounds 6 oz, up from 8 pounds 4 oz at birth. At the hospital he was down to 7 pounds 14 oz. She said he likely has better vision then other babies his age because he was so overdue. He lost a little piece of his umbilical cord last night, we are excited for it to fall off so he can have a real bath.
Drew is a good baby, he only cries when he wants something, and once his needs are meet, he stops. I am now going to go knock on every piece of wood in this house...

No comments:

Post a Comment