Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's been a good month since I blogged. Now I cannot remember anything significant that occurred, and once again will use pictures to jog my memory. I actually started a notebook of funnies. Our kids are at an age that they are compelled to say the funniest things. We always laugh so hard in the moment, then completely forget what was so funny the next day. You are probably thinking I have early onset dementia the way this last paragraph looks, right?  Here is an example of a funny (Aric just happened to tell this to me). Last night Aric told Drew "5 more minutes until bed". He suddenly gets up, runs to the bathroom, turns around in agony and says "dad, pause the minutes, I have to go to the bathroom".  Only kids in 2013 think we can fast forward, pause, delete and record everything.

I excavated baby books last weekend and moved them from the black hole in the basement and put them next to my alarm clock. This is my cue to write in them (again, Alzheimer's?) Drew's is blank from age 3, Kate's from age 2.

Here is an update on info I do not have documented in pictures: the kids are happy in their respective schools, we are figuring out kindergarten for Drew (his name is in a few hats), work is keeping both Aric and myself busy, I think some weeks I worked ~50 + hours. I get home, interact, put said people I interact with to bed, then hit the laptop. It seems its been like this since I returned from my leave. Our healthcare system is ever changing, and its so much work to keep up!  This isn't a complaint, I do still love this job. I have been networking with interesting providers, organizations and other specialists-- lots of fun things are in the works for the people we serve. 

We had a trying few weeks in January with a particular car not starting. That was our cue to buy new ones. So we did. I am now a real person, no longer a chauffeur or a weirdo driving around the tri-state area with an empty 7 seat vehicle.

This one is mine (its silver & P.I.M.P.I.N.G) (ok, more Pimping then the VAN) (ok, I could have gotten a station wagon with peel off wood trim and I would have been MORE pimping then the van):


This one is his. (those are our friends cheering in the background celebrating that Aric finally has a car that was not previously own by a) his Grammy b) his aunt  c) his wicked step mother (kidding):


Mine is cooler. BUT- he finally gets the garage spot. (we have a two car garage but it has been overtaken by a buffet that is FOR SALE or maybe even free) Message me if interested;)

So that was an exciting weekend. We owe Gma for 8 hours of kid refereein'.

Here is the memory jogging picture story. What have we been up to the past month:

Makin' forts




Watchin' the our President become President. I worked from home that day and selectively DVR'd certain parts that I thought the kids would enjoy. They loved the parade and loved seeing President Obama. (so there)




Little dude went to the Monster Truck show with his dad. And then spent the next 16 days re-inacting the evening. Ear phones and all. (talking about ears-- Drew went in for his check up with the ENT. The kid can't hear low frequencies, but at this point we will wait until he is older to fix the 'holes" in his ears. They are tiny and it doesn't seem to impact his speech or learning. He did get to try a cochlear thingy-- his eyes about popped out of his head when he could hear everything. At least we know its not nerve damage- just holes)






We had a loose tooth.



 We played with dollhouses that are bigger then us (just for some perspective on the size of this baby-- she has her babies in it on this day). Normally she puts her Barbies in it.



We ate tons of oranges.

 We continued to have a loose tooth.
 Then we lost said tooth.  I happened to be a part of both the discovery of its looseness and the loss. So that was good. I cried when he discovered it was loose. It was pretty darn cute (I didn't bawl, just got misty eyed). He lost it on a Wednesday morning (my one morning I bring the kids). It was just hanging there and I told Drew to wiggle his tongue on it- then bam. I just said "spit it out" and double bam, he spit it out in my hand. The tooth fairy brought him a sparkly letter, 2 quarters and dollar gold coin. Drew initially was disappointed. His exact words. But once I explained the significance of a gold coin, he was super thrilled. He brought his new special tooth fairy book to school to share as well. He happens to have classmates that get CANDY from the tooth fairy (hence the initial disappointment). I know this is a G rated blog, but seriously, WTF. CANDY?? Its not Christmas people. Its a 3 inch fairy that can't carry more then 2 quarters and a gold coin. Sometimes she can't even carry the gold coin.  Sometimes its a toothbrush.

Kate wanted to give us a tooth shot too- she is modeling her new heels. Sigh*. I bought her minnie mouse shoes online from the Disney Store. I didn't realize they had 3 inch heels on them. Awesome.



 Superbowl Sunday. Aric partied on without us. Drew had an awlful cold, I just couldn't get myself to leave him with Gma and then have to wake him to bring him home. So we hung at home at our own SB party- had snacks and watched movies in our room while I watched the SB by myself and Emoji texted Mandy.








No comments:

Post a Comment