We celebrated Kate's first birthday this week. The big party is this weekend. Should be fun. It is sort of an excuse to have a party with friends. My theory- 1st birthday is kinda a big deal, after that, no parties until they ask for one. The birthday fairy brought Kate a new kitchen. The grandma/grandpa fairy brought her a new baby doll crib and a paper doll quilt and the auntie fairy gave her a itty bitty high chair for itty bitty baby (that Drew has name "cc sophie da da". Aunt Erin fairy sent her the cutest dress and sweater- wish it was my size. Very Ann Taylorish. I am hoping the mommy fairy brings me a new house. Maybe next spring...
Kate had her bump lift consult...surgery is scheduled for Nov 23rd at Childrens. It is just an outpatient procedure. I plan on taking the week off so she can heal at home. They said she can go to daycare the next day, but should not do "large motor" activities...hmmmm....not sure how that could be controlled? She will still have a 'bump', but the red will be gone. They won't shave her head either, just "gingerly" cut it. I will have to do my own trimming beforehand so I can keep some.
Kate is so excited for next weekend- papa and grammy Wendy come for a visit!
Birthday morning. Kate made me drool with a side of smooshy cheerios. Nothing like that burst of energy they have at 6 a.m!
Birthday Eve. Drew was helping daddy put the kitchen together. He had to try to princess party hat on....
Kate got a sneek peek at her gift before bed. I think she forgot before morning. I think she is saying "YES! This is exactly what I wanted mommy!"
Drew is hovered into CC Sophies crib "oh, you have blue eyes!" Wonder where he has heard that? Kate is showing a bit too much thigh. Why she doesn't have pants, but manages to have her socks pulled up to her chin is beyond me.
This could have just as well have been Drews birthday too. He loves the kitchen. His specialty is celery with a side of tomato. Notice the very manly apron?
Grandma C made Kate a cute little apron. She looks like such a doll in it. That is Fancy Nancy, or "Nanc" as we call her in her little hand. She is like an appendage for Kate. Good thing we are having a Fancy Nancy party!
Bundt cake anyone?
Oh, I bought them a margarita mixer too, Kate is in charge of the ice. So helpful...
This was Aric's birthday on the 15th. Note to self (and anyone else) do not put candles in a super hot pizza. They melt. Then you have waxy pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment