Friday, November 28, 2008

A Thankful little boy

Drew had a great turkey day. He spent all day at Grandma & Grandpa's and just played!
Showing off his Thanksgiving plate of yummy food.


After we got home, we decided to take out the Christmas tree. Yep, take it out. This year will be the year of the faux tree. Aric worked today, and I didn't think I would have the opportunity to get it out by myself. Anyways, as we started assembling a 9 foot tree in our living room with 8 foot ceilings, we decided to start a "swear jar". Drew is starting to repeat simple words we say, so I guess this is the time to start watching our mouths. We had a strategy in place (this took place in a long conversation at the table with two "swear jars" in front of us). Aric's swear jar is a football piggy bank, mine is a 'Little Lamb of God' piggy bank. (both of which belong to Drew-obviously) We evenly divvied up the coins that Drew already has collected (he gets the ones daddy leaves around and in the wash). The plan is 25 cents per swear. Well, within 30 seconds flat, drew had made 75 cents (to the football)! What a entrepreneur! We made some ground rules with Drew...swears do not count if he's not around, and he accepts I O U's, and no bills over a $20. I think we will have his college tuition paid for...(in 3 weeks)

So far so good with the tree, he hasn't touch it once, or even tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment