Thursday, May 22, 2008

Milestones!

Drew is sitting on his own now! Of course he tips when he reaches out of his base of support, but he is doing pretty darn good. It seemed to happen overnight. He is also starting to creep. He gets into a 'pre-crawl' stance and rocks back and forth. I have attached pictures of both. He seems right on track with things developmentally, (he better be, his mommy is an occupational therapist), but his MD's had pointed that out last weekend. I guess their point was that babies that have heart problems typically are a bit behind and are not as 'robust'. He is thriving. Another reason not to worry.

Drew also has figured out how to have a great tantrum. I think he figured that out at the hospital. Boy, when he is mad, he is mad, it seems a bit out of nature for his personalty. I guess he gets it from me:) (anyone heard of the 3 faces of Eve?)

Almost everyday when we leave daycare, 2 preschool girls walk us out to our car. They open Drews door and crawl into the car and watch me buckle him in and tell me about his day (the best a 4 year old can). Today I asked if he cried or was naughty, they eagerly reported he 'didn't even get a time out today'. (The other 2 kids are 2, can you guess that they probably have their share of time outs?)

So, despite having these blue episodes, he is thriving and seems to be feeling much better.

On your mark, get set, go!


Weeble wobbles weeble but they don't fall down!

No comments:

Post a Comment